Exploring New Features in IBM Lotus Domino 8 Administration (D8720)
This course is not currently offered by Global Knowledge. Information here is provided for reference only.
This course covers the changes in the Lotus Domino 8 administration and user environments, including installing and configuring Lotus Domino 8 servers and Lotus Notes 8 clients, implementing new messaging features, managing users and clients with administration enhancements, administer servers using administration enhancements, deploying composite applications, and migrating a Lotus Domino 7 environment to Lotus Domino 8 and Lotus Notes 8.
What You'll Learn
- Lotus Domino 8 Environment
- Implement New Messaging Features
- Manage Users and Clients with Administration Enhancements
- Use General Administration Enhancements
- Deploy Composite Applications
- Migrate a Lotus Domino 7 Environment to Lotus Domino 8 and Lotus Notes 8
Who Needs to Attend
This is an intermediate course for Lotus Domino 7 administrators who require early exposure to new Lotus Domino and Lotus Notes 8 features that impact system administration.
Knowledge, skills, and experience using Lotus Domino 7, including system administration, building infrastructures, and managing servers and users.
There are no follow-ons for this course.
1. Examining the Lotus Domino 8 Environment
- Identifying new Lotus Domino 8 administration features
- Classifying new features in Lotus Notes 8 clients
- Installing new Lotus Notes 8 clients
2. Implementing New Messaging Features
- Enabling Message Recall
- Using Out of Office Service Enhancements
- Controlling Inbox Size with Inbox Maintenance
- Implementing General Messaging Enhancements
3. Managing Users and Clients with Administration Enhancements
- Implementing New Client Policies
- Executing New Client Security Features
4. Administering Servers with Administration Enhancements
- Using General Administration Enhancements
- Employing New Server Monitoring Options
- Implementing Database Redirection
- Applying New Server Security Features
- Identifying Integration and Interoperability Enhancements
5. Deploying Composite Applications
- Understanding Composite Application Deployment Fundamentals
- Configuring Lotus Notes 8 Clients to Access Composite Applications on a WebSphere Portal Server
- Introducing Composite Application Provisioning
- Configuring Clients for User-Initiated Updates
6. Migrating an Lotus Domino 7 Environment to Lotus Domino 8 and Lotus Notes 8
- Upgrading Lotus Domino 7 Servers to Lotus Domino 8
- Upgrading Lotus Notes Clients to Lotus Notes 8