Motivation and Delegation
Use motivation and delegation to create a more effective team.
Motivation and delegation are often the most difficult concepts for a manager to adopt in practice. In this short course you'll examine the concepts of motivation and delegation. You'll learn what motivates people and how to delegate without micromanaging or abdicating responsibility.
Virtual short courses do not include materials or headsets.
This is a virtual short course, specially designed to give you a quick, convenient way to earn PMI PDUs or concentrate on a specialized topic. This course is also part of our PMP® Renewal Program.
What You'll Learn
- The role of motivation in the workplace
- Motivational tools that are available to managers
- The role managers play in task delegation
- The process of effective delegation
- Guidelines for monitoring and controlling delegated tasks
- Risks associated with delegation and how to plan for and effectively deal with them
Who Needs to Attend
PMP-certified project managers, IT project managers, project coordinators, project analysts, project leaders, senior project managers, team leaders, product managers, program managers, project sponsors, and project team members who want to continue to develop their skills and renew their PMP certification.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
What Is Motivation?
- Motivation in the Workplace
- Motivation Cycle
- Rewards and Behavior
- What is Delegation?
- Why Delegate?
- Delegation Dilemma
- Barriers to Delegation
- How to Delegate
- When to Delegate
- Advantages of Delegation
Fundamentals of Delegation
- Delegating Process
- Monitoring Progress
- Managing Risk